Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pacific Crest Trail hike completed!

I reached the border on a rainy/snowy day, at about 12:15 Pacific Time yesterday, September 20. The fall colors were spectacular, but it was likely the coldest, wettest day of the entire hike. A hiker that came into Manning Park a few hours behind me said he had ankle deep snow by the time he got off the crest, while the snow was melting as it fell while I was there. So, I'm happy to say, I beat the fall snows.

The hike was an unforgettable experience. I will be updating my website in a few days with more stories, photos, and reflections. I hope you'll check it out!

Thanks to everyone for your support during my summer on the trail!

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic accomplishment! Congratulations indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buck, this is Ryan - Mississippi River Movie guy - we're in Quincy, IL on our movie tour thinking of you. Holy crap I totally forgot you were doing the pacific crest trail. Awesome! What an accomplishment, and you all of 40 years ;), so we'll send you a copy of The River is Life, just give us an address, Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:44 PM

    completely off topic-I am currently on the Mississippi and just wanted to post a thanks for info on your daily mileage and mileage of stops on your way down. I'm in a library and on the clock but will look up your site again when I have more time. www.charitytravelers.com is run by my partner

    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tom,

    You are welcome. I had trouble myself getting a good idea of how fast the river moves and how long it might take to get from point to point. Good luck on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ryan,

    Hey, good luck on your movie tour! I hope you sell a million copies.

    Please send that video to:
    Buck Publishing
    867 Esro Rd. #2
    Fairbanks, Alaska 99712

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!!what can I say...we watched your "alone in alaska"movie and its an amazing accomplishment you made..my kids were so excited to see what was going to happen next, they loved it, all the wild animals around that you dont see'em every day...You're awesome...this must've been a unforgetable experience for you...we enjoyed watching your movie....keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lora! I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete