Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Idyllwild, California

I am in this nice little town trying to update on a tiny borrowed IPhone. Yesterrday I got into deep and steep snow. It was nice having an ice axe. The trail disappeared in the snow and I saw a guy whose tracks I was following. We finally figured out where we were and headed cross-country, doing a remarkably good or lucky job of finding the "saddle" the trail ran through. Lots of beautiful big trees and dramatic mountains. The first car gave us a ride to town, people have been great. This is about 180+ miles. Feeling greT and enjoying a day off with hiker friends. Ate a half pizza and a pint of ice cream last night!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:09 PM

    Bruce: I have been to Idyllwild as my parents have a place just down the road in Palm Desert. I got there way easier then you did. Heard your dad shot a big turkey on opening day. Have a safe trip. Bob Frandsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,

    Thanks for the comment! It's a small world. I was up on top of a mountain yesterday looking down into that area where your parent's live and was thinking about that very fact! Idyllwild is really nice town, so is Big Bear, where I am now.

    Enjoy your day!

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete